Char in Potato Cream with Beetroot Foam
Prep. Time: 50 min. (For 4 Servings)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 5 pounds Russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 - 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) arctic char fillets, skin on
- 2 yellow carrots, halved, cleaned well and skins left on
- 3/4 cup pure beetroot juice
- 1 teaspoon soy lecithin
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes in a large colander. Place them back into the dry pot and put the pot on the stove. Mash the potatoes over low heat, allowing all the steam to escape before adding in all the other ingredients. Place in a food processor and add 1 1/2 sticks butter, the cream cheese, heavy cream, milk, kosher salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until the potato cream is thin and mixed well. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place fish and 4 carrot halves in an even layer in a baking dish. Season fish and carrots with salt and black pepper, cover baking dish with parchment paper-lined aluminum foil, and transfer to oven. Cook until fish and carrots until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets.
4. Unscrew the top off the dispenser, then screw on the tip of your choice while holding in place the valve stem under the cap. Be sure to screw the tip on tightly. Make sure that the gasket is firmly in place on the underside of the head.
5. Combine the beetroot juice and soy lecithin together in a bowl and mix well. Pour the foam liquid mixture into the siphon of the dispenser. Screw the top evenly and firmly onto the bottle. Do not cross-thread. Place N2O cartridge in the holder with the small end visible. Twist charger holder onto head until gas is released.
6. Shake the dispenser 3-6 times. To plate this dish, spoon the potato foam in a shallow bowl and top with one piece of char (skin side up). Garnish the fish with one piece of carrot and if desired, a few fresh green peas. Dispense beetroot foam onto fish as needed.